Team Leader (Milton Keynes)
|Salary:||£29,076.82 per annum|
Key tasks will include:
- Technical support and production supervision, leading and motivating a team of staff to ensure that they work together safely and effectively to the required standards and specifications.
- Coordinating the effective deployment of staff to ensure production deadlines and targets are met.
- Deployment can be on and/or off-site.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Basic Education
- NVQ Level 3 qualification or higher
- Knowledge of MRP system and SAP
- Organisation, Communication, Influencing and decision making skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
The team leader will be required to
- Ensure all staff are given clear daily targets and production objectives, such that as a minimum the planned resources (hours, materials, tools etc.) within the production plan are maintained
- Ensure production control processes, including scanning on and off SAP, are adhered to and all required documentation is completed on a daily basis.
- Be the interface between the Production Management and team to ensure the smooth running of the operational requirements, facilitating process improvements, and highlighting any resource issues that have the potential to detrimentally affect the quality, cost or delivery of the product
- Ensure that the workplace is maintained in a clean and safe manner to reduce the potential of any Health & Safety issues.
- Take care of all working property, plant and customer assets are handled it in a safe working manner.
- Ensure all plant, tools and equipment is returned to its proper location at the end of the shift or as otherwise directed by the production management team.
- Interface with all other operational departments on site, e.g. transport, testing, movements and logistics
- Implement and monitor Environmental and Health and Safety criteria for team and work area, including undertaking local toolbox talks and deviation briefings with the support of the
- Product Delivery Manager.
- Actively encourage continuous process improvement within the working methods of all staff.
- In exceptional circumstances and after consulting with Human Resources, where team members refuse to follow instructions and guidance given to them by the Team Leader, to issue a verbal warning. Further escalation of disciplinary matters will be dealt with by the appropriate Manager.
This is a permanent job in Milton Keynes that can offer a career with a growing company within the Rail sector.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Call us on 02392 242 690 or apply by clicking the button below.