Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
|Salary:||to £55k per annum|
Permanent opportunity available as a Supply Chain Quality Engineer in Milton Keynes
Reporting to the Head of Quality, this is a key position supporting the Compliance, Quality and Delivery performance management of the interface between our client and its key suppliers.
You will also support the interface between our clients key suppliers ensuring performance expectations are clearly defined, communicated and deployed into product designs and manufacturing processes, by working in conjunction with the respective Project Engineering, Design Engineering and sourcing teams within the company and under the leadership of the head of quality.
A significant aspect of the role is engaging senior leaders within key suppliers to engage in and support the company's requirements in terms of delivery, continuous improvement and management of quality systems, resulting in potential cost / waste reduction.
We are looking for someone to be able to analyse the process used to produce the supplied products/parts with a view to identifying risk and opportunity again from a Compliance, Cost and Delivery perspective.
This requires a high level of engineering competence, an understanding of manufacturing principles and processes, and a practical appreciation of quality control and quality management techniques.
Salary to c£55k per annum plus Benefits such as
- Contributory Pension,
- 25 Days Holiday PLUS Bank Holidays,
- Flexible Benefits Portal,
- Early Finish on a Friday
Do you have
- 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing and production environment?
- Experience operating in a supply chain and/or continuous environment? (green belt preferred)
- A related Degree or equivalent experience?
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Manage information exchange between key suppliers and design houses ensuring our clients interests are protected.
- Influence supplier selection decisions.
- Participate in design reviews, managing the interface between the design house and the supplier in terms of information exchange, performance requirements and supporting commercial compliance.
- Assess supplier performance and drive continuous improvement activities where necessary.
- Develop supplier Key performance Indicators to identify priorities.
- Identify improvement opportunities.
- Support issue management and problem resolution within suppliers and across suppliers and or design houses, where required.
- Influence senior leaders and supply chain to support various project requirements.
- Work closely with purchasing, project engineering and design being the conduit for necessary information flow
- Work closely with Sourcing and quality teams to identify supplier issues and seek resolution.
Additional Skills needed for the role have been identified as:
- Results focused.
- Rational thinker.
- Analytically strong.
- Strong collaborative and influencing skills.
- Influential leadership skills.
- Clear, direct and participative communication style.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Clean Driving Licence (Car).
- Able to travel in UK (potential overnight stays).
The SCQE role will be required to support supply chain management team, inclusive of our clients other facilities within the UK.
This will equate to a minimum of 25% and may include supplier visits, audit support and improvement assessments.
Whilst this position will not be part of the senior management team, the role definition dictates it will be considered a senior position within the organisation.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Call us on 02392 242 690 for more information, or apply by clicking the button below.