Job ref JO0000008699
|Salary:||£300 per day|
|Sector:||Project Engineering / Management|
We are looking for a Project Engineer to lead the entire life cycle of a Rolling Stock (Trains) project from a technical perspective
The role will include
- Writing specifications and requirements,
- Design and development,
- 1st article inspection
- Final embodiment.
- Ensure value for money and innovation is at the heart of the project solutions.
- Give support and direction to the planning and production based teams
- Provide support and direction on the procurement of materials and service
- Act as informed buyer supporting the materials team for technical and safety support resources bought in from external sources.
- Ensure safety and reliability is not impacted and the modifications to meet the professional, statutory and industry minimum requirements through robust engineering change.
Key Accountabilities of the role are
- On time delivery of the project,
- Delivered with minimal impact to service,
- Highest quality standards achieved,
- Robust communications and engagement with the wider engineering team and other interfaces,
- Ensure maintenance file, VMI, drawings, mod procedures, materials and tooling are updated,
- Liaising with production and planning to ensure future maintenance is achievable,
- Monitor and analyse modification reliability,
- Arrange regular and appropriate KPIs,
- Deputise for the Project Engineering Manager as required.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications Required
- Member of IMechE or IET
- Minimum of HNC / Btec in Engineering related discipline
- Strategic Safety Management knowledge
- Working Knowledge and experience of management systems such as ISO9001
- Detailed knowledge of rolling stock design and maintenance
- Five years experience in maintenance environment, Heavy Overhaul or Engineering HQ
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills