|Sector:||Project Engineering / Management|
Production Managers Job to manage production operations and ensure that customer expectations are embraced with the team ethos
If you have
• Engineering background
• Experience of managing large multi-functional teams
• Financial awareness, experience of managing profit and loss accounts
This is a permanent job commutable from Bedford, Northampton, Kettering, Rugby, Huntingdon, St Neots, Stevenage, Hitchin, Luton, Aylesbury, Leighton Buzzard, Milton Keynes, Brackley, Banbury, Towcester.
• Ensure team outputs satisfy delivery, quality, cost and quantity requirements and lead continuous improvement activities through management of the top level plan requirements, with particular attention on man hours and resources efficiencies.
• Accountable for short to medium term planning and implementation of long term plans, to maximise the use of resources and minimise waste.
• Ensure key process/sub process activities are defined, documented and understood by the team. This covers all processes required to ensure appropriate cohesion of production with the other key functional support teams, ensuring a co-ordinated approach to delivery of the production plan requirements and drive cost effective methods of working. Prepare, agree and control cost budgets for that area covering all products and projects contained within.
• Promote and get engagement from all levels of the team on optimisation of materials to minimise waste and report usage.
• Manage, develop and maintain high standards of employee performance and productivity. Motivate teams to be proactive in achieving targets.
• Manage and administer the Company disciplinary and grievance processes; the time and attendance policy and consult with senior management and local trade union representatives to ensure that the employees in the jobholders care treated in a fair and equitable manner. Take disciplinary actions where necessary.
• Manage and review the team and individual performance, competencies and work methods as part of a continuous development process and to ensure that business values and goals are met.
• Professional management of the communication and co-operation with internal/external customers to ensure events/problems/issues are resolve effectively and efficiently.
• Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of maintenance information of all operational data generated on their shift. Ensure team members report relevant work activity information through appropriate systems (including computer systems).
• Ensure effective external support to the team from core business functions, i.e. HR, Quality Assurance, Finance and Commercial.
• Establish and periodically re-assess team member competence to undertake key tasks and takes action where necessary, including testing and movement of vehicles.
• Create and manage Personal Development Plans for all team members with the Training and Competency team, to generate a highly flexible workforce which can be mobilised across the businesses needs as and when.
• Ensure all team members understand their roles, responsibilities and performance objectives.
• Lead and motivate the team.
• Develop the team and team members to ensure the right mix of skills, knowledge and attitudes and encourage development of team members.
• Manage health, safety and environmental matters, including housekeeping to ensure a safe working environment. As and where necessary, undertake incident investigations in co-operation with the company EHSQ Manager.
• Accountable for the completion to plan of all deviation tours and toolbox as required by the site management.
• Ensure optimum use is made of capital equipment.
• Ensure work undertaken has been authorised by the customer through approval to work from the Project Manager.
• Assume the role of Head of Production, when requested by the Operations Director.