Mechanical Structures Engineer
Mechanical Engineer with a background in Rail / Rolling Stock qualified to Degree level to analyse structural and corrosion issues on Railway Vehicles and offer repair solutions in line with previous projects.
This is a permanent job based in Milton Keynes commutable from Bedford, Northampton, Kettering, Rugby, Huntingdon, St Neots, Stevenage, Hitchin, Luton, Aylesbury, Leighton Buzzard, Brackley, Banbury, Towcester.
The Mechanical Structures Engineer will
- Visit potential customers’ sites to view damaged railway vehicles and assess scopes of work for Incident Repair within the UK & Ireland
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of cost and time scale plans for any re engineering project.
- Generate work instructions and repair procedures
- Ensure the risk associated with the mechanical and structural changes and repairs to rolling stock are understood, documented and managed.
- Ensure design changes and repairs comply with appropriate Standards
- Produce reports to justify the use of reverse engineering techniques to support obsolete materials or methods of production for replacement components.
- Manage the resolution of emerging technical issues arising out of the application of the changes.
- Control the Welding Engineering resource.
- Assist other departments with regard to structural or design issues.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please call us on 02392 242 690 for more information, or apply by clicking on the button below.