|Sector:||Maintenance / Exams|
Clemtech are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to work for one of our clients on a permanent basis in Stockport, Manchester.
To perform mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic overhauls in train systems. Brake, bogie and power pack are included. The technicians are expected to be capable of working on the following types of systems, repairing and replacing major components:
- Brake caliper Overhaul
- Bogie Overhaul
- Power pack and diesel engine Overhaul
- Large diesel engines and transmissions
- High voltage diesel-generator sets
- Train brake system and components
- HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning)
- High pressure hydraulics up to 300 bar
- High pressure pneumatics up to 12 bar
- Traction control
- Highly complex cab control systems including GPS positioning, On-track Safety Systems and Passenger Information Systems
- Troubleshoot and carry out corrective repairs
All Technicians must
- Contribute to good depot housekeeping and maintain health and safety standards in accordance with procedures
Technicians are expected to work alone or as part of a team, at all times ensuring that the appropriate Health & Safety procedures are followed.
After completion each activity, the technicians must sign off each quality report and record to indicate that the work is complete according procedures.
- Minimum Level 3 relevant qualification essential
- Substantial post qualifying experience
- Cross disciplined –mechanical
- Computer literate
- Diagnostic experience
- Overhaul experience
- Available to work shifts
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Basic skills of reading blueprints.
- Straight follow up to the internal processes.
- Rail related experience
Effective communication skills, able to communicate in a multi-national and culturally diverse organization
Initiative, can work alone to achieve results effectively. Seeks to minimize waste in resources and processes
Team player, works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues
Problem solving, thoroughly assesses every side of a situation before deciding on an appropriate course of action
Adaptable, able to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations
Keen to further knowledge through continued professional development