Heavy Mechanical Fitter
|Salary:||Please call for clarification|
We require skilled heavy mechanical fitters for a rolling stock overhaul project on the South Coast.
Essential mechanical experience may include underframe, bogies, bearings, wheel sets, axle boxes/ends, braking systems. Ability to read engineering drawings and schematics.
- Candidates with previous mechanical rolling stock experience, or candidates who can demonstrate transferable skills from other industry backgrounds, including (but not limited to) Aircraft, Marine and HM Forces.
- Ability to read and understand written work instructions with the capacity to work unsupervised once you have an understanding of the job.
- Good communication skills and team working.
- Have and able to prove a Mechanical Engineering Qualification Level 3
- Highly self-motivated individual, able to work under your own initiative.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
Relevant NVQ, C&G, BTEC level 3 in Mechanical engineering or apprenticeship / time-served.