Engineering Team Leader
|Salary:||Circa £30,000 per annum|
Immediate opportunity to join the Rolling Stock sector if you have:
- Engineering qualification of NVQ Level 3 or higher
- Knowledge of MRP system and SAP
- Organisation, Communication, Influencing and decision making skills
- People management experience
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
The Engineering Team Leaders job in Milton Keynes attracts a salary of up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience plus benefits such as 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, early finish on a Friday
The Engineering Team Leader will be using their skills and experience to:
- Continually achieve and improve customer and business driven output targets for a specified part of the overall process activity through managing and developing the team.
- Working closely with project and production managers to ensure compliance to quality, cost and delivery as specified between the client and company.
- Technical support and production supervision
- Leading and motivating a team of staff to ensure that they work together safely and effectively to the required standards and specifications
- Coordinating the effective deployment of staff to ensure production deadlines and targets are met.
Deployment for this job role can be either be on and/or off-site depending on the demands of the business
Team Leader responsibilities include:
- Ensure team outputs satisfy delivery, quality, cost and quantity requirements and lead continuous improvement activities, e.g. minimise re-work
- Ensure key process/sub process activities are defined, documented and understood by the team. This to include dealing with abnormal work content.
- Establish man hours reporting and monitoring for each product/project, such that actual hours can be assessed against planned and budgeted hours as a minimum.
- Plan and schedule all team and equipment resources, on a daily and weekly basis in accordance with the production plan
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement through process reviews, critical path analysis, flow controls and other production management techniques, such that targets can be continuously improved upon.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of maintenance information of all operational data generated on their shift.
- Ensure team members report relevant work activity information through appropriate systems (including computer systems e.g. SAP)
- Managing the implementation of in-process checks and any required corrective actions.
- Optimising the use of materials to minimise waste and report usage.
- Ensure effective external support to the team from core business functions, I.e. HR, Quality Assurance, Site Services, Finance, and Commercial, through the support of the Production Manager
- Establish and periodically re-assess team member competence to undertake key tasks and takes action where necessary. Including testing and movement of vehicles.
- Ensure all team members understand their roles, responsibilities and performance objectives.
- Lead and motivate the team.
- Take disciplinary actions where necessary.
Develop the team and team members to ensure the right mix of skills, knowledge and attitudes and encourage development of team members.