Engineering Head of Quality
We are searching for an Engineering Head of Quality to take responsibility for all aspects of Quality Leadership within a large manufacturing engineering organisation.
The Engineering Head of Quality Job will give you the opportunity to drive continuous improvement of quality systems and where possible standardise arrangements across sites.
The qualities that you will require would be,
- A Degree (or equivalent qualification e.g.HND and or associated experience) in engineering
- Ideally Lead Auditor Course status
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory framework required for safety critical sectors
- A thorough understanding of the relevant standards including ISO 9001 and its application in a range of business settings.
- A practical Engineering background
- Previous experience in a Quality Environmental with a broad ranging manufacturing process and sound quality system knowledge.
- Knowledge of multi discipline management systems, i.e. ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 would be an advantage.
- Experience with or management of second or third party auditing/ assessment, including system level auditing and process level auditing, an advantage.
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The Quality Manager will ensure the Quality Systems are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
By promoting a Quality culture, performance improvement will be driven through the site. The Quality Manager will make a significant contribution to manufacturing related projects, and will maintain and enhance customer satisfaction, while maintaining complete adherence to current and future Quality Management System standards.
The Quality Manager is responsible for all aspects of Quality leadership across sites
- Develop, lead and direct Quality activities and plans across plants
- Drive continuous improvement of Quality systems, utilising best practice and where possible standardising arrangements across sites.
- Review statistical studies, technological advances, or regulatory standards and trends to stay abreast of issues in the field of quality control
- Implement and monitor agreed business measures and KPI’s in line with business needs, utilising such data to influence decision-making and to effectively manage Quality in line with agreed targets.
- Implement an effective meetings and communications structure within function and with other department heads to support the inputs to and outputs from Knorr-Bremse Management team
- Provide all functions with support and advice on Quality issues.
- Work closely with all staff to promote positive cultural change towards Quality.
- Provide regular reports to the Managing Director & Operations Director on Quality activities.
- Represent the company, as necessary, with external bodies in meetings/audits related to company activities.
- Lead and manage the Quality team to ensure the safe and efficient execution of functional responsibilities in line with contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Resolve matters with regards to quality or to stop development and/or Production and/or delivery and/or field support activities, if critical requirements are not met.
- Implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of company’s Quality Management System and compliance to the ISO, IRIS and RISAS railway standards. Audit the manufacturing processes as part of the internal audit system
- Managing allocated resource and activity in line with agreed targets and programmes of work, and to maximise productivity and output.
- Develop “training, development and succession plans” to support the short, medium and long-term requirements of the Quality function.
- Drive a culture of customer focus within the Quality function