|Salary:||£18.00 per hour|
We require skilled heavy Mechanical Fitters with Diesel Engine experience to work for an industry leader in rail engineering maintenance and rolling stock enhancement. This position is situated in the North of England.
As a Mechanical Fitter, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Stripping out and refitting Underframe modules and braking systems
- Rebuilding and exchanging Diesel engines
- Working on the Bogies and Wheelsets
Personal Profile / Experience for a Mechanical Fitter:
- Candidates will have experience from a heavy engineering overhaul and maintenance background
- Must have experience in stripping and rebuilding Diesel engines (examples such as caterpillar, duetz, perkins or cummins engines)
- An understanding of both 2 and 4 stroke diesel engines is an advantage.
- Ability to read and understand written work instructions with the capacity to work unsupervised once you have an understanding of the job
- Good communication skills and team working
- Holding a Mechanical Engineering Qualification
- Highly self-motivated individual, with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Relevant NVQ, City & Guilds, BTEC Level 2 or above in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
Candidates from the following example Industries will be considered:
- Rolling Stock
- HGV / Plant / Diesel Fitters