|Salary:||£45,000 to £50,000 per annum|
Bid Engineer required in Manchester, to be responsible for estimating and compiling estimates for repairs on Rolling Stock.
Salary level from £45,000 to £50,000 per annum plus a generous benefits package
If you have the following, please get in touch:
- Minimum of 5 years in railway sector
- Background in Rolling Stock Rail
- Sound working knowledge of procedures and processes undertaken in Railways
- Knowledge of trains trade skills and their scope of work
- HND Qualification or above in Engineering
- Full UK driving license
In addition to the estimating function, this role will support the other technical departments to ensure that all tenders are completed on time.
The Bid Engineer is required to respond to rolling stock tenders with maintenance services included.
- Participation in the bid and tender process for rolling stock maintenance, and the supply of spare parts including the analysis of specifications, preparation of documentation.
- Presentation of the bid and subsequent meetings for clarification and negotiation
- Monitoring and analysis of the awarded projects, and the preparation of new offers
- Prepare and maintain detailed estimates for projects
- Evaluation of sub-contractors and suppliers quotations
- Attending and participating at project progress meetings and other meetings as required
- Understanding and interpreting technical specifications and drawings in order to produce estimates